For over 50 years, United Methodist Homes has helped its residents function at their highest levels of independence, while at the same time meeting their physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. Three of their campuses offer a full continuum of care, from independent living through skilled nursing care, plus short-term rehabilitation services. With a current resident population of more than 1,100 individuals, United Methodist Homes employs more than 1,000 caring, committed staff.
UMH mission. United Methodist Homes’ communities provide a wide range of senior living services with exceptional care and compassion.
UMH vision. The vision of United Methodist Homes is to be the provider of choice in lifestyle options for seniors.
Our Velocity Account Manager had been calling on United Methodist Homes for a couple of years and had worked with them on their annual appeal printing and mailing. A meeting was arranged with the Director of Purchasing to discuss their current marketing material procurement process and assess areas that may be improved. Purchasing was already using a similar online solution for their clinical supply ordering, so they were well aware of the benefits and cost savings a program such as this could provide. That discussion led to a follow-up presentation to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, the Vice President of Finance and other members of the management team. Client objectives were identified and solutions recommended. The building of a custom e-store started in January 2015 and launched in April 2015.
Challenges and business objectives:
- Improve ordering efficiency for departments and satellite campuses
- Enhance inventory tracking and reporting
- Better management of massive order volume
- Consistent branding across the organization
Solutions and Results
Velocity worked with the UMH marketing staff to create a custom solution that would fit their needs. The online e-store includes marketing collateral, custom office stationery for four campus locations, the corporate office (letterhead, business cards, and envelopes) and promotional giveaways. Inventory is housed at Velocity’s warehouse and fulfilled on a per order basis.
- A consolidation of print and promotional product ordering
- Rebate program
- Online inventory control
- Centralized billing and reporting
- Simplicity and ease of use with all materials managed under one roof
- Timely and efficient shipping in 24-48 hours
- Authorized purchasing via approved internal users
- Specialty orders can be purchased directly through Velocity